Canelo vs Kovalev

Discussion in 'Boxing News and Discussion' started by Michael Matos, Nov 2, 2019.

1. Mark G

Mark G Member

I think everyone was bashing RJJ Jr. after that win over Ruiz, except for jaydawg and a few other guys. What were their names again? lol

2. mex fighter

mex fighter Meqcksykin

Canela's next opponent

3. Hawaiianpunch

Hawaiianpunch Banned

Que traes con Canelo puto:madmad::fightme:....ya hay que dejarnos de pendejadas. Este es un foro serio guey. Das hueva guey.

4. mex fighter

mex fighter Meqcksykin

I was being serious.

5. mex fighter

mex fighter Meqcksykin

Freckles should take notes on how Mexicans fight so he an be admired, too. Check out this exhibition fight between Chavez sr and arce

6. Hawaiianpunch

Hawaiianpunch Banned

When they announced his record of 102 wins only 6 losses and 86 kos gave chills. There will never be another warrior like chavez. Maweather bragging about 50 and 0 :rotfl:

7. Michael Matos

Michael Matos Member

Chavez one of the best ever. I think he went 88 fights without a loss, that's Sugar Ray Robinson and Willie Pep territory 13 years before his first loss, 29 successful title defenses. Over 100 wins and more than 80 knockouts Every fighter that is retired and accomplished that or very similar are considered some of the greatest of all time, and not 25, 50 or 100 greatest of all time but right at the top of the list.

El Profesor likes this.
  8. Hawaiianpunch

Hawaiianpunch Banned

Good point. I'm not sure if anyone will agree with this theory of mine. But in soccer/futbol at the highest level for example Brazilian players are much more valued in the premier league than a promising prospect from other latin american countries. They put more stock in players coming out south america than players from central and north america or the Caribbean. This is because the players in that region have set a higher bar. With the Messi, Maradonnas, Ronaldos, Neymars ect. And with Boxing you have the same thing. At the top you have American Boxers the Ali's, Robinsons, Leonards ect. Rich in boxing history. The upper echelon of boxing. And then you have the next tier down which are Mexican boxers. So thats why I think the media (predominantly american) has such a hard time giving Mexican fighters their proper dues.

9. mex fighter

mex fighter Meqcksykin

10. Michael Matos

Michael Matos Member

Just to add to my point, there have been a couple fighters that have that eye popping record and there has been a couple of fighters who have had a lot of years without a loss and a few with 20 plus successful title defenses and there have been a few with over 100 wins and 85 knockouts but how many have done all of that?