Canelo vs Kovalev

Discussion in 'Boxing News and Discussion' started by Michael Matos, Nov 2, 2019.

1. Hawaiianpunch

Hawaiianpunch Banned

A lot of the jabs Kovalev was throwing landed on Canelos guard. Canelo's face was not marked at all. Just think Kovalevs reach and height gave him trouble. At 5"9 Canelo is no LHW. He needs to move down to 160.

2. Michael Matos

Michael Matos Member

I don't think he can make 160 anymore.

3. Valdosta

Valdosta Boxing Fanatics Moderator

I pretty consistently talk about ridiculous scorecards. Canelo just has way more than most fighters. If that offends you in some weird way I don’t really give a fuck.

4. Hawaiianpunch

Hawaiianpunch Banned

Who gives a fuck about the score cards hater/troll. Canelo got the W and with a ko to the chin. Something Andre Ward couldnt do.

5. Hawaiianpunch

Hawaiianpunch Banned

Kovalev pitty pat punches didnt impress the judges. Look at the punch stats. Canelo had the edge in power punches.

6. Hawaiianpunch

Hawaiianpunch Banned

You can jab with the right...south paws do it all the time. What I thought was interesting was all the excuses before the fight. The judges and the weight clause. Matos thought it was an early stoppage, you flat out said Kovalev deliberately threw the fight/ yet Matos had Kovalev winning all the rds. This forum just will never give Canelo credit. But if Lomachenko fights hes the greatest thing since sliced bread. With only 14 fights hes #1 p4p. You guys dont know shit about boxing. Just a bunch of hater/trolls.

7. Valdosta

Punchstats. Lol. Fights aren’t scored on the fake punch stat numbers. They are scored round by round. Giving Canelo 6 of the first 7 rounds is a disgrace. Giving him a 118-110 card against GGG was a disgrace. 114-114 against Floyd. Hahaha. 117-111 against Lara. Pathetic. These are some of the worst cards ever. Whether you like or dislike Canelo is irrelevant all of those cards are bad.

8. Valdosta

Yeah nobody here knows anything about boxing except you. With that type of attitude you really shouldn’t grace us with you’re presence.

9. Hawaiianpunch

Hawaiianpunch Banned

Yeah youd like that wouldnt you. You trump supporter racist piece of shit.

10. Valdosta

Interesting. What exactly makes me all of those things Mr. Superiority?

11. mex fighter

mex fighter Meqcksykin

You said lefties throw right jabs...what was kova's stance?

12. Hawaiianpunch

Hawaiianpunch Banned

Sanchito already exposed you for being a bigot/bias/troll. Im not going to pretend i like you and be civil. You wanted the truth well I told you what I thought of you now fuck off.

13. mex fighter

mex fighter Meqcksykin

Where were his power punches? You mean to tell us he was more on guard vs freckles than ward, alvarez, and yarde?

14. mex fighter

mex fighter Meqcksykin

I'm bias, racist, and a troll. Should I fuck off, too?

15. Hawaiianpunch

Hawaiianpunch Banned

Nobody is talking to you puto

16. Valdosta

I really don’t care what you do to be honest. You called me a racist and Trump supporter though which is odd. So you are one of those people that call people racists with nothing to really back it up. Oh I understand now troll. You can fuck off now yourself. I really don’t care about you being “civil” to me you are quite clearly a little bitch.

17. Hawaiianpunch

Hawaiianpunch Banned

Who are you again? Nobody likes you bitch. Most boring poster in the last 10 years. You are talking about score cards. Did you see the fight idiot? All Kovalev did was jab jab jab. You think you can win a championship fight running and throwing pitty pat punches. The score card is a moot point cos Canelo got the ko so what rant are you going on about exactly? Stick to gambling and changing diapers cos boxing is not your strong point Dennis.

18. Michael Matos

Michael Matos Member

So a couple of things here. When I score a fight to me it's largely irrelevant to me who wins or loses. If one of the judges scores the fight the same as I did I'm satisfied. Granted that's not a high bar. Second, I rarely bitch about scoring, there are a lot of factors that determine how a fight is scored. To me the fighter who dictates the terms on which the round is fought should win the round.

The fight last night Kovalev relied heavily on the jab and the rounds where Kovalev dictated the terms on which the rounds were fought with it I gave him the rounds. The rounds where Canelo made him throw it were the rounds I gave to Canelo even though Kovalev may have landed more punches.

19. mex fighter

mex fighter Meqcksykin

At the stoppage, ihad given kova 7 rounds minimum, maybe 8

20. mex fighter

mex fighter Meqcksykin

Didnt espn or dazn offer kova a 2 fight deal if he lost the fight? Um, something is wrong with that.