Canelo vs Jacobs

Discussion in 'Boxing News and Discussion' started by Hawaiianpunch, May 3, 2019.

1. Hawaiianpunch

Hawaiianpunch Banned

It's hard to take this boxing forum seriously any more. One of the biggest fights of the year and nobody is talking about this fight. There is so much envy and jealousy for Canelo that these same people who called him overrated, a bum, short arms, a fraud have to eat crow. Canelo is a super star....the biggest name in boxing and the highest paid athlete in history. Like it or not I told you he was a great fighter.

2. TIP

TIP Member

I see they had an altercation at the weigh in. Could have been staged if the numbers were low. Canelo is a 4.5-1 favorite which considering Jabobs is pretty good and also bigger is high in my opinion. I expect a pretty good fight. It is one of the biggest fights this year. Tough to call Jabobs has a good shot I think. TIP

3. "Bangin'" Dick Bravado

"Bangin'" Dick Bravado Half-breed , Half Steed

Miracle Man is bigger with talent and the heart of a lion ... Canelo is Canelo. I'm looking forward to this one.

4. Hawaiianpunch

Hawaiianpunch Banned

I agree Tip it's a close fight. A tough fight for Canelo. But if we look at their last 3 fights I think Canelo has looked better. Jacob was dropped by GGG and Canelo took GGGs best punches and stayed in the pocket. Anybody can be ko'd even Canelo but Canelo has a better chin than Jacobs imo. Jacobs long body will be a perfect target for Canelos body attack.

5. Hawaiianpunch

Hawaiianpunch Banned

That little drama at the weigh in was started by Jacobs team. If you look at the video closely you can see someone from Team Jacobs shoving Canelo. And Jacobs himself had an cocky attitude right before the staredown. He was jumping up and down and beating his chest like Adrian Broner before the Naidana fight. It reeks of insecurity. I liked Jacobs because of his battle with cancer but after the weigh in I want Canelo to hurt this man.

6. Michael Matos

Michael Matos Member

Not the most scintillating fight. I gave Canelo 5 of the first 6 and Jacobs 4 of the last 6. 115-113 was a fair score based on the fight I saw. I also think Canelo's knee injury is a little more serious than he and his camp are letting on, needs to get that taken care of.

7. mex fighter

mex fighter Meqcksykin

Boring ass shit, i dozed off a few times and i wasn't the only one.

8. Hawaiianpunch

Hawaiianpunch Banned

It wasn't because of Canelo. It's to make it exciting when only one fighter wants to fight and the other one is trying to survive.

Canelo is greater than Juan Manuel Marquez, Oscar De La Hoya, Finito Lopez, Erick Morales and Barrera.

9. Hawaiianpunch

Hawaiianpunch Banned

Chavez is still greater than Canelo but not by much imo.

10. mex fighter

mex fighter Meqcksykin

not greater than ryan garcia....he's still undefeated.

11. Hawaiianpunch

Hawaiianpunch Banned

Damn Canelos d is tighter than a virgin

:yoyes:

12. mex fighter

mex fighter Meqcksykin

looked like Jacobs wasn't even trying.

13. Hawaiianpunch

Hawaiianpunch Banned

Don't you think it's funny how Spence called out Canelo on an interview and now that Oscar and Canelo are calling out Spence to move up and even offered 20 million... all of a sudden Spence turned in to a businessman and said he never takes the firsr offer. I guarantee he won't make 20 mil fighting Shawn Porter and he didn't make 20 mil fighting little Mikey Garcia. Let's face it Spence only fights little guys he thinks he can beat. He knows Canelo will stop him and take away that cherry picked undefeated record. He'll rather get the sure easy money fighting little guys like Pacquio and Porter instead of Canelo. Pussy ass African american fighters.

14. mex fighter

mex fighter Meqcksykin

Oh yeah, they're pussies alright.

who was the bigger pussy...Tyson, leonard, hearns, pryor, McClellan, holyfield, bowe, too sharp, hagler, meldrick, Moseley, toney, holmes, ali, frazier, foreman?

pick one and tell us why.

15. Hawaiianpunch

Hawaiianpunch Banned

I mean this new generation

16. Hawaiianpunch

Hawaiianpunch Banned

Calmate pinches Dr Martin Rey

17. mex fighter

mex fighter Meqcksykin

Mexico's biggest star is the biggest pussy there is.

18. Michael Matos

Michael Matos Member

Did you know that Too Sharp is a judge and ref? He is doing 4, 6, and 8 rounders now.

19. mex fighter

mex fighter Meqcksykin

No i didn't. He was a damned good fighter.

Michael Matos likes this.
  20. mex fighter

mex fighter Meqcksykin

Berchelt vs vargas 1st round was better than freckles entire fight.