Canelo Fails Drug Test.

Discussion in 'Boxing News and Discussion' started by Michael Matos, Mar 5, 2018.

1. Michael Matos

Michael Matos Member

Canelo Alvarez failed a drug test. He tested positive for Clenbuterol. Clenbuterol is used in conjunction with steroids. Canelo blames it on contaminated meat. Clenbuterol is also used by asthma sufferers and on that note 70% of Norweigan athletes in the Winter Olympics tested positive for Clenbuterol but it does not count as an illegal substance providing the athlete has been diagnosed with asthma.

Canelo is a multi multi millionaire. You really think he is eating contaminated meat. You really think 70% of Norway's Olympic team are asthmatics?

I doubt if the Triple GGG rematch is in danger of being cancelled or that Canelo will be punished in any way. Canelo will stick with the two pronged defense, never failed a drug test and it was contaminated meat. It is true he had never failed a drug test but Canelo isn't tested year round. His cooperation with VADA is strictly limited to testing two calender months prior to a fight and only a urine test after the fight. Boxing isn't going to do anything to put it's cash cow out to temporary pasture for a drug suspension. I'd be shocked if any punishment will be forthcoming and the Nevada Commission and the alphabet organizations will fall over themselves vouching for Canelo and keep the May 5th payday for all parties involved a go.

2. Hawaiianpunch

Hawaiianpunch Banned

I remember a few years ago the Mexican soccer team had many that tested positive for clenbuterol. Apparently it's not uncommon for Mexican athletes to come up positive due to contaminated meat. Not making excuses just saying it's possible this is the case.

3. Michael Matos

Michael Matos Member

I was just watching an interview with WBC President Mauricio Suliman. According to Suliman and I'm paraphrasing here but everybody knows they give Clenbuterol to Mexican cows to so therefore Canelo is of course innocent. Pretty convenient you think?

4. Valdosta

Valdosta Boxing Fanatics Moderator

If everyone knows doesn’t that make him guilty or at least a moron?

5. mex fighter

mex fighter Meqcksykin

I've told you guys about freckles for the last 8 years but no one listens.

Michael Matos likes this.
  6. sanchito

sanchito BF Resident Douchebag

It isn't convenient it's the truth. Cows raised in Mexico are treated with clenbuterol even though it's not allowed. The olympic team mentioned this and made sure to try to source meat from slaughterhouses that don't use the banned substance.

https://www.cnsnews.com/news/article/mexico-watches-out-banned-steroid-clenbuterol-food

Let's say he ate street tacos (super common in Mexico) and he tested positive. Was it trace amounts or was it an amount that pointed to deliberate use? Historically this has been a food supply chain issue, not a cheating issue. It's obvious when it's a cheating issue and Mexico has dealt with these cheaters harshly, Aaron Galindo and Salvador Carmona come to mind. The latter got a lifetime ban for football due to his juicing.

Much ado about nothing regarding Canelo.

7. Ringside

Ringside Retiree

I don't see a reason why Alvarez would have to cheat anyway. He is rock solid and a solid puncher. He can win ggg fairly..

8. mex fighter

mex fighter Meqcksykin

so, only a few select few Mexican athletes eat the meat, every other Mexican athlete must be vegan.

also, wasn't it proven that in eating the meat, the trace of clembuterol that goes to humans is untraceable? what does that tell you?

9. Michael Matos

Michael Matos Member

Guilty.

10. sanchito

Wrong, it shows up:

"We have presented a very sensitive and specific assay for the quantification of urinary clenbuterol in the pg/ml range. The data collected within this study and from literature demonstrated that food contamination with clenbuterol is a serious problem in China and Mexico, despite its official prohibition for livestock. Thus, athletes visiting those areas take a risk of an unintended clenbuterol intake with food and consequently, inadvertent doping. Additionally, and more serious a clenbuterol food contamination is a major problem of public health. For doping control the situation is very unsatisfying, since a differentiation between an unintended intake and cheating stays difficult."

http://10ste93kec2i6oi6nlhmxd19.wpe...ds/2017/04/study_german_sports_university.pdf

11. sanchito

According to law, sure...morally, no. He wasn't cheating, he simply inadvertently ate tainted meat.

12. mex fighter

mex fighter Meqcksykin

Why do elite athletes continue to eat the meat then? I'm guessing to plead innocence when caught.

EL QUE NO ES TRANZA NO AVANZA.

13. Rabid Kimba

Rabid Kimba Member

Triple G juices himself, it’s the Eastern European way, so moot point...

14. sanchito

Visit Mexico and don't eat meat and get back to me.

15. Rabid Kimba

Rabid Kimba Member

I know, lol.

Quien chingados no va a comer taquitos de carne asada?

:slaphead::loling:

16. Rabid Kimba

Rabid Kimba Member

...or suadero...

:taunty:

sanchito likes this.
  17. Rabid Kimba

Rabid Kimba Member

What’s next for Mex, besides Javier Solis, Freddie Mercury, women’s hockey, eating cheese and sour cream, not eating meat, etc???

Is a vegan diet next on your horizon?

18. mex fighter

mex fighter Meqcksykin

I said elite athletes....the men's national soccer team and canelo can afford to have meat flown in from somewhere else.

and yes, they have to sacrifice by not eating tacos if they don't want the hassle of being accused and clearing their names.

simple as.

19. mex fighter

mex fighter Meqcksykin

ya me estas empezando a caer gordo, guey.

si estuvieras aqui, te meteria un pinche coscorron como Ron Damon al Chavo, guey.

20. Rabid Kimba

Rabid Kimba Member