Best Hwy of the 90s...Evander Holyfield.

Discussion in 'Boxing News and Discussion' started by Valentino, Jul 28, 2002.

1. Valentino

Valentino Member

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Yori Boy:

So let me get this straight, your OBSESSION with Lewis being gay when evidence proves otherwise is NOT a sign of bias.

You going out of your way to say Tyson is smart, yet NEVER going out of your way to say Lewis is smart is NOT a sign of bias.

You saying you want Tyson to win because the title belongs in the USA (somehow you've attached a location to where a prize fighting title belongs) is not a sign of bias.

You actually thinking, and being confident that Lewis would lose to Tyson wasn't because of bias.

Then at the same time you want to say you're not a Lewis fan like you're not a Tyson fan? I ain't buying that.
    <hr></blockquote>

Year...2000.

P4P list...

#4 Lennox Lewis

I took a LOT of HEAT for that. But still, I truly thought that Lewis was top 5 P4P back then.

I don't care if he is a faggot. That has no bearing with how good or bad he is as a fighter.

2. Yori Boy

Yori Boy Member

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Valentino:

Year...2000.

P4P list...

#4 Lennox Lewis

I took a LOT of HEAT for that. But still, I truly thought that Lewis was top 5 P4P back then.

I don't care if he is a faggot. That has no bearing with how good or bad he is as a fighter.
    <hr></blockquote>

For someone who doesn't care about Lewis' sexuality, you tend to mention it exponentially more times than anyone else.

3. Valentino

Valentino Member

So let me get this straight, your OBSESSION with Lewis being gay when evidence proves otherwise is NOT a sign of bias.

You going out of your way to say Tyson is smart, yet NEVER going out of your way to say Lewis is smart is NOT a sign of bias.

<hr></blockquote>

I never called Lewis an idiot either.

And the time I called Tyson SMART, was when people were saying that he was "crazy".

Well...TIME PROVED ME RIGHT. Tyson was FAR from being crazy. He was smart enough to CON the press and most of the boxing world.

BTW, what "evidence" proves that Lewis is not gay???

That MOSTROSITY that was in the ring with him, I thought was his mother.

He is in his mid 30s, and I've NEVER seen him with a woman (other than his mother). He is NOT married. Doesn't have a girlfriend. Doesn't live with a woman. And there are MANY rumors (too many to ignored) that support my conclusions.

If anything...the "evidence" is proven ME right.

4. Valentino

Valentino Member

For someone who doesn't care about Lewis' sexuality, you tend to mention it exponentially more times than anyone else.
    <hr></blockquote>

Well...that's like calling Chavez the MEXICAN WARRIOR...or Holyfield a DIRTY FIGHTER or the ADULTEROUS...or Mosley a ONE-TIME-WONDER...or Lewis the faggot.

I mean, it is a unique description.

Nothing wrong with that.

5. Yori Boy

Yori Boy Member

I never called Lewis an idiot either.

And the time I called Tyson SMART, was when people were saying that he was "crazy".

Well...TIME PROVED ME RIGHT. Tyson was FAR from being crazy. He was smart enough to CON the press and most of the boxing world.

BTW, what "evidence" proves that Lewis is not gay???

That MOSTROSITY that was in the ring with him, I thought was his mother.

He is in his mid 30s, and I've NEVER seen him with a woman (other than his mother). He is NOT married. Doesn't have a girlfriend. Doesn't live with a woman. And there are MANY rumors (too many to ignored) that support my conclusions.

If anything...the "evidence" is proven ME right.
    <hr></blockquote>

Actually Val, I saw a documentary the other day that spurned me to do the post on McCall.... it made clear mention of Lewis' fiancee and there were many photos of them, and they looked very girlfriend/boyfriend to me. Seemed like better evidence than the rumour mill. Now, what evidence is there that Tyson is smart? His con job that he needed to do because he's been outsmarted out of every nickel he's made. The three years of his life he spent in a cage?

6. Valentino

Valentino Member

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by COOLVINCE:
    I like Valentino's criteria also because that's how most sports are. Baseball for instance, the Yankee's are considered the Team of the 90's because they won the most championships. Atlanta was in the playoffs more but the Yankees were THE BEST team more so they were the team of the 90's. This comparison is the same. Holyfield was greater for more years so he was the best fighter of the 90's.

[ July 28, 2002: Message edited by: COOLVINCE ]
    <hr></blockquote>

He was better for more years AND fought better competition.

When you put BOTH together...you cannot go wrong.

Once again...we are talking about ONE WEIGHT DIVISION and a DECADE.

7. Valentino

Valentino Member

Actually Val, I saw a documentary the other day that spurned me to do the post on McCall.... it made clear mention of Lewis' fiancee and there were many photos of them, and they looked very girlfriend/boyfriend to me. Seemed like better evidence than the rumour mill. Now, what evidence is there that Tyson is smart? His con job that he needed to do because he's been outsmarted out of every nickel he's made. The three years of his life he spent in a cage?
    <hr></blockquote>

Rock Hudson had a wife and MANY MANY women. However, he died with AIDS. And were not due to DRUGS either...if you know what I mean.

8. Yori Boy

Yori Boy Member

Well...that's like calling Chavez the MEXICAN WARRIOR...or Holyfield a DIRTY FIGHTER or the ADULTEROUS...or Mosley a ONE-TIME-WONDER...or Lewis the faggot.

I mean, it is a unique description.

Nothing wrong with that.
    <hr></blockquote>

Nothing wrong with that? Hmmm, those other nicks tend to be derived from terms related to boxing. How many times have you called Evander Holyfield adulterous in this thread, and how many times have you called Lewis a faggot. There's concrete evidence that Holyfield is adulterous. This is very immature. Do you think there'd be nothing wrong with Bernard Hopkins being referred to as a Nigger, or Tito Trinidad as a Spic? Sometimes I wonder if you're joking or not....

9. Yori Boy

Yori Boy Member

Rock Hudson had a wife and MANY MANY women. However, he died with AIDS. And were not due to DRUGS either...if you know what I mean.
    <hr></blockquote>

So why don't you call Tyson a faggot?

10. Valentino

Valentino Member

He was better for more years AND fought better competition.

When you put BOTH together...you cannot go wrong.

Once again...we are talking about ONE WEIGHT DIVISION and a DECADE.
    <hr></blockquote>

Another important thing is that if you rank the top 10 HWYS of the 1990s.

You will see that Holyfield had 12 fights with them.

Bowe-3
    Lewis-2
    Mercer-1
    Foreman-1
    Moorer-2
    Tyson-2
    Douglas-1

More impressively is that Holyfield was considered PAST HIS PRIME in 1993 (when he fought and defeated Bowe in the rematch...he was viewed prior to that fight as "past his prime").

So, Holyfield by all effects lost ONE FIGHT in his prime.

And he managed to become the best Hwy (and NOT by default, but by beating the best) in 4 more of those years (1993, 1996, 1997, 1998). And he managed to defeat 4(Bowe, Mercer, Moorer, Tyson)of the top 10 (five fights) AFTER he was past his prime.

The more I write about this (in this thread) the more I'm starting to realize that I've UNDERRATED Holyfield in the past.

11. Valentino

Valentino Member

Nothing wrong with that? Hmmm, those other nicks tend to be derived from terms related to boxing. How many times have you called Evander Holyfield adulterous in this thread, and how many times have you called Lewis a faggot. There's concrete evidence that Holyfield is adulterous. This is very immature. Do you think there'd be nothing wrong with Bernard Hopkins being referred to as a Nigger, or Tito Trinidad as a Spic? Sometimes I wonder if you're joking or not....
    <hr></blockquote>

Sexual or Religious preferences and racial remarks are two different things.

Nothing WRONG with being homosexual. Nothing wrong with being a religious FANATIC freak.

Another thing...(and Hitman knows this)...I've called Holyfield a RELIGIOUS-FREAK in the past. Garcia (from Boxtalk) used to get mad at me, because I used to bring Holyfield in the context of his FANATISM.

Holyfield is a RELIGIOUS FANATIC and Lewis is a HOMESEXUAL.

I cannot change that. You cannot change that.

And do you know what? They MIGHT not be a religious fanatic or a faggot.
    But that's how they are perceived by most of the people.

12. Valentino

Valentino Member

So why don't you call Tyson a faggot?
    <hr></blockquote>

I seriously doubt Tyson is a faggot.

13. Valentino

Valentino Member

BTW...want to make clear that

1- I'm not homophobic
    2- I have nothing against gay people (in fact, I think they are going through the SAME thing that BLACKS and HISPANICS and ASIANS went throught years ago)
    3- I use the term "faggot", because I want to piss Lewis' fans up (although, I truly believe Lewis is GAY, I don't hold that agaisnt him)

14. Yori Boy

Yori Boy Member

Sexual or Religious preferences and racial remarks are two different things.

Nothing WRONG with being homosexual. Nothing wrong with being a religious FANATIC freak.

Another thing...(and Hitman knows this)...I've called Holyfield a RELIGIOUS-FREAK in the past. Garcia (from Boxtalk) used to get mad at me, because I used to bring Holyfield in the context of his FANATISM.

Holyfield is a RELIGIOUS FANATIC and Lewis is a HOMESEXUAL.

I cannot change that. You cannot change that.

And do you know what? They MIGHT not be a religious fanatic or a faggot.
    But that's how they are perceived by most of the people.
    <hr></blockquote>

Ok, so if I'm at work, and I call one person a nigger, and the other a faggot, HR will say, "it's ok to call someone a faggot, but you're not allowed to call someone a nigger." Is that the fantasy world you're in?

15. The Hitman

The Hitman Hitman

ANYTHING that I put in a keyboard, I back up face to face. I call him a FAGGOT in his face...don't have a problem with that.

What is he going to do?Punch me?
    I'm faster than him...so I'm going to out run his FAT ASS. And besides...I'm sure he doesn't care what I or anyone thinks about his sexuallity.
    <hr></blockquote>

Yea yea another internet tough guy. As i said if you know enough about another man's sexual life (a man that you have never met i take it? and one that doesnt live anywhere near you) to be able to know whether he is gay or straight- i would say you are a pathetic individual who is either obsessed or needs to think about his own sexuality.

Hitman

16. The Hitman

The Hitman Hitman

BTW...want to make clear that

1- I'm not homophobic
    2- I have nothing against gay people (in fact, I think they are going through the SAME thing that BLACKS and HISPANICS and ASIANS went throught years ago)
    3- I use the term "faggot", because I want to piss Lewis' fans up (although, I truly believe Lewis is GAY, I don't hold that agaisnt him)
    <hr></blockquote>

that is bullshit- i am not going to be dropping the N-Bomb just to piss of a shane mosley fan. nor would i use ANY derogatory terms to piss off DLH fans- except maybe call him a pussy (relatively speaking) hehehe. Using these terms is bigoted and pathetic and classeless.

Hitman

17. Yori Boy

Yori Boy Member

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Hitman:

Yea yea another internet tough guy. As i said if you know enough about another man's sexual life (a man that you have never met i take it? and one that doesnt live anywhere near you) to be able to know whether he is gay or straight- i would say you are a pathetic individual who is either obsessed or needs to think about his own sexuality.

Hitman
    <hr></blockquote>

Yeah really, they need to stick that tough guy line in the next Schwartzenegger movie... or perhaps more appropriately You've Got Mail 2. "Anything I put in a keyboard, I back up face to face" buahahahahahahahhahahah. [​IMG]

18. zboxz

zboxz Member

Yeah really, they need to stick that tough guy line in the next Schwartzenegger movie... or perhaps more appropriately You've Got Mail 2. "Anything I put in a keyboard, I back up face to face" buahahahahahahahhahahah. [​IMG]
    <hr></blockquote>

Arnold can?t be a fag??.. He is Conan the Barbarian!!!!!!!!

Besides he showed himself to be a tough guy when he married that ugly bitch.

However the fact remains??.Limp wrist Lewis is a FAG??

19. Rabid Kimba

Rabid Kimba Member

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by zboxz:

Arnold can?t be a fag??.. He is Conan the Barbarian!!!!!!!!
    <hr></blockquote>

I don't know about that.

He did star in that movie where he played the world's first pregnant male.

20. BJ*

BJ* Member

Holyfield dominated 1990, 1991, 1993, 1996, 1997, and 1998.

<hr></blockquote>

"dominated" [​IMG]

Let's look shall we:

1990 - He beat buster douglas in LATE OCTOBER. Yep he sure dominated 1990. Actually, Douglas "dominated" 1990 since he was champ from February til the end of October.

1991 - OK. I'll give it to ya if you can really consider one KO win over cooper and a hellacious struggle with an OLD, fat foreman a dominating year.

1992- you didn't mention that year...wonder why...oh yeah he got SPANKED [​IMG]

1993 - struggled to beat alex stewart. who? and beat bowe because bowe came in disgustingly fat and out of shape. Dominating? I guess, though he didn't even DOMINATE those 2 fights. He simply won.

1994 - OUCH. Michael Moorer. [​IMG]

1995 - did he beat mercer? he did? OK. but he got SPANKED again by Bowe who decided to get in shape.

1996 - Bobby Cyzz [​IMG] but the ONE thing Holyfield is famous for - meeting up with the completely washed up mike tyson - KUDOS.

97 & 98 - The bite, Michael Moorer and Vaughn "who?" Bean.

99 - Back to getting SPANKED.

So maybe I give you 96-98. Otherwise, Holy was the most inconsistent champ EVER.

Before you say I hate him, realize that I give him credit for being THE GREATEST CRUISERWEIGHT OF ALL TIME!!!