BARRERA Vs MORALES - Discuss the fight and the decision HERE !!

Discussion in 'Boxing News and Discussion' started by Remus, Jun 22, 2002.

1. ronnnn

ronnnn Guest

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Remus:

Morales's face was fucked because of a few headbutts I'd imagine.
    <hr></blockquote>

same deal after the 1st fight...

some guys look worse....some dont

i dunno...

2. Yori Boy

Yori Boy Member

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by esk59:
    Valentino is fighting the good fight.

Anyone who thinks Barrera won is either a fucken moronic brainless imbecil worth a pile of cow dung.

Or a biased bandwagon shifter who knows jack about boxing but a lot about jock strap sniffing.

Morales won, end of story.

And Morales scored a legit knockdown, end of story.

Anyone arguing different I hope gets rained with a shower of birdshit.

You are like those fucken morons on each telecast that scores it for the wrong guy.

Remember the online scoring for Tyson vs Lewis. 5% said Tyson was winning.

Those same morons are the one's saying Barrera won.

It was a Bob Arum thing, and that's it.
    <hr></blockquote>

Gee thanks for the kind words Esk, it's nice being called a moronic brainless piece of crap, or a jock sniffer. BTW, nice analogy between the Tyson/Lewis fight and Barrera/Morales 2; extremely relevant and appropriate. As an FYI, the AP had Barrera winning, ringside journalists had Barrera winning, the judges had Barrera winning, I had barrera winning, and on the largest poll I've seen yet, 40% of fans thought Barrera WON, despite the commentators on the HBO telecast all saying Morales won. If the commentators all gave the fight to Barrera, I wouldn't be surprised if the poll's numbers would be more favourable to Barrera; hard to imagine it wouldn't have. Anyways, thanks for the thoughtfull post. Nobody knows how Barrera managed to outpunch Morales? Tyson was outpunching Lewis too. Hehe.

3. esk59

esk59 Member

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Yori Boy:

Gee thanks for the kind words Esk, it's nice being called a moronic brainless piece of crap, or a jock sniffer. BTW, nice analogy between the Tyson/Lewis fight and Barrera/Morales 2; extremely relevant and appropriate. As an FYI, the AP had Barrera winning, ringside journalists had Barrera winning, the judges had Barrera winning, I had barrera winning, and on the largest poll I've seen yet, 40% of fans thought Barrera WON, despite the commentators on the HBO telecast all saying Morales won. If the commentators all gave the fight to Barrera, I wouldn't be surprised if the poll's numbers would be more favourable to Barrera; hard to imagine it wouldn't have. Anyways, thanks for the thoughtfull post. Nobody knows how Barrera managed to outpunch Morales? Tyson was outpunching Lewis too. Hehe.
    <hr></blockquote>

"Barrera-UD-Clean-117-112 116-114 115-113" - Yori Boy"

I respect you and like reading your posts very much.

But you are taking this garbage too far.

You are doing this for a freaking fight tape from g-man.

Just be a fucken man and admit you were wrong.

But of course not, you can't do that. You have to find a way to see the fight as you predicted it.

You predicted WRONG grow up a little and accept that.

I don't think it's a coincidence that everyone who is saying Barrera won, predicted him to win.

And you are actually fighting a battle to win a tape.

You have no credability on this subject.

Spare us any further long winded boring biased posts.

4. Valdosta

Valdosta Boxing Fanatics Moderator

But of course not, you can't do that. You have to find a way to see the fight as you predicted it.

I don't think it's a coincidence that everyone who is saying Barrera won, predicted him to win.

<hr></blockquote>

Technically, I picked Morales so you are wrong(about everyone saying Barrera won picked him). MAB AND Morales are 2 of my favorite fighters so I wouldn't want t see either guy robber and neither guy was.Barrera won a close fight with several close early rounds that could have gone either way. Barrera won the later rounds decisively for the most part. Barrera won this fight whether you like it or not!!

[ June 24, 2002: Message edited by: valdosta ]</p>

5. esk59

esk59 Member

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by valdosta:

Technically, I picked Morales so you are wrong(about everyone saying Barrera won picked him). MAB AND Morales are 2 of my favorite fighters so I wouldn't want t see either guy robber and neither guy was.Barrera won a close fight with several close early rounds that could have gone either way. Barrera won the later rounds decisively for the most part. Barrera won this fight whether you like it or not!!

[ June 24, 2002: Message edited by: valdosta ]
    <hr></blockquote>

I don't care who won the fight. To be honest, I don't get too excited about these lower weight divisions.

I get really excited about the heavyweights, middleweights and welterweights.

Then comes the jr. welterweights, lightweights, jr. lightweights and lt. heavyweights.

Then comes the featherweights, jr. featherweights and bantam weights.

Below that, I don't even follow it too much. I watch Too sharp, Austin, Morel(that boring fuck) and obviously Ricardo Lopez. A few others here and there.

What i'm trying to say is that i'm not biased either way with this decision.

But i'm calling it as I saw it.

Morales won the fight. He won it relatively easy.

He also scored a knockdown.

Nady is the worst referee in boxing's present and history.

Steel is a supreme legend compared to Nady.

I shit on Nady's face that disgusting, stupid, unjust moron.

6. Yori Boy

Yori Boy Member

<hr></blockquote>

Esk,don't talk out of one side of your mouth you respect me and then say I'm a moronic piece of crap out the other who's posting stuff to win a tape. If you care to read the official prediction post, you will not only see my official prediction (not what you posted above, although they're similar) but you'll also see me saying I don't deserve the tape because it's a controversial win in the eyes of most. I don't care about having a fight tape...it's not that important in my life. I've given another poster here a 6 hour fight tape for free, if I really wanted a fight tape that bad (which I don't), I'd buy one or trade for one. I don't lie to get in anybody's good books, I call a fight like I see it, and in this case, I didn't see it like most people did...I saw it like many people did.... many, but not most.

But if you want to talk about taking things too far, it's you. You're the one who's saying 99% of people at Seconds Out think Morales won...I checked a thread called Barrera/Morales what do you think and it shows Kellerman Fan, PokeTrainer, Misawa, Chris, Ramper, Ddogg, Donnybrook, and Hut Hut thought Barrera won. I don't know any of them except Hut Hut and Donnybrook because they do/use to post here, and I find their opinion valid. Puerto Rock, John Daniel, FightDocta, RockNRAo, Oso and Tyson fan have it a draw. So, under your math, there should be approximately 1400 people who've posted how they think Morales won. Good luck finding them Esk. You're the one sinking to the level of saying those who think Barrera won are the people who voted for Tyson when he was getting whipped by Lewis. That's preposterous. Allow me to suggest an alternate theory, that people like myself, ringside observers, those here who thought Barrera won, Donnybrook, Pedro Fernendez, Doug Fischer etc think Barrera won because we think he fought better in the ring that night. And please, I don't need lessons on how to be a man from anyone.

Anyhow, to make my post more long winded and bias, here's what I found in that same thread on Seconds Out..... wonder if the author also needs a tape from G-man cuz he had Barrera winning by 4 points, that's more than I had him!

BARRERA WINS BUT SO NOT IMPRESSIVELY

As was the case with the first Godfather movie, last night’s sequel to the first Marco Antonio Barrera-Erik Morales fight of February 2000 paled in comparison to the original! And just like the three fight Michael Carbajal-Humberto Gonzales series, there was no way that Barrera or Morales would do anything that could top their initial throw down.

ERIK DID BETTER THAN FIRST TIME

After an even opening stanza, Morales got on his bicycle and began circling Barrera to the right all the while working behind a jab that was scoring. After five heats, it was an even contest. And while Morales had his moments, down the stretch and especially in the championship rounds, the linear World featherweight champion Barrera was king!

SCORECARDS ACROSS THE BOARD!

Although there were some who felt that the fight was a lot closer than the official tallies of 115-113 twice and 116-112, I wasn’t of that opinion as I felt Marco won the fight by four points as well! The fight televised by HBO PPV, had no official knockdowns. But Barrera did go down from a shot in the latter stages of the contest. It took a quick and correct call from referee Jay Nady who ruled it NOT a knockdown as Morales had stepped on Marco’s lead left foot which caused the temporary loss of verticalness.

MORALES STEAMED AT SCORING!

Just like a spoiled brat who had gotten the benefit of a doubt with the Las Vegas Judges in both the first Barrera fight and with Guty Espadas, Morales who lost officially for the first time (41-1, 31 KO’s) was outraged when the unanimous decision awarding Marco his 54th win was announced and stormed out of the ring.

CROWD THOUGHT MARCO WON!

There were very few of Morales’ fan’s that thought he had won the fight. Most followers of the Tijuana resident were saying that the fight was a draw. This of course meant Erik lost. With the exception of a New Mexico boxing promoter who bet Morales, everybody I ran into thought Barrera secured the win by romping down the stretch. On my sheet he grabbed rounds six, seven, eight, nine, eleven and twelve to secure the victory.

7. ronnnn

ronnnn Guest

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Nostradamus:
    This sport is too fucking corrupt. FUCK BOXING...time for me to find another "favorite" sport.<hr></blockquote>

hey whats up nos? havent seen u around in a while...

you'll be back bro....its in your blood

i want to get out------but they keep draggin me in!!!!!!!!!!

8. Mark G

Mark G Member

<hr></blockquote>

40%? That surprises me. Where I was watching the fight, I'd say 90% of the people in my neighborhood had Morales winning. The rest thought maybe it was a close fight and a draw would be a better call.

9. ronnnn

ronnnn Guest

another thought....

some of you fans are selfish.....you complain about mis-matches so they give u a competitive fight....

its close.....your man doesnt get the nod..

boxing sux......its corrupt.....

cmon......

i want to give a shout out to mab and erik....they put on a good show.....

i'm not disappointed with the decision.....i dont think this was a robbery(LL-holy I) at tal.....

lets see it again i say.....

10. ronnnn

ronnnn Guest

both men skill levels are pretty close...equal i would say.....

i think morales is a better boxer, mab is a better slugger....

morales fought a brilliant fight....he boxed...not getting into a slugfest...ala prince-barrera.....

equal skills=close decision...

11. ronnnn

ronnnn Guest

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Remus:
    Lets try and keep the discussion of the fight in this thread please guys. We can't archive 20 threads and this is a fight discussion we wanna keep on record. [​IMG]

MAB MD !!

[ June 22, 2002: Message edited by: Remus ]
    <hr></blockquote>

thats too bad remus.......i was going to go for 30 threads~~~~~~~

[​IMG] jk bro......lol

12. esk59

esk59 Member

CROWD THOUGHT MARCO WON!

<hr></blockquote>

That's why they booed him.

13. ronnnn

ronnnn Guest

14. Yori Boy

Yori Boy Member

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Ron Champ Miller:

15. Yori Boy

Yori Boy Member

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Mark G:

40%? That surprises me. Where I was watching the fight, I'd say 90% of the people in my neighborhood had Morales winning. The rest thought maybe it was a close fight and a draw would be a better call.
    <hr></blockquote>

To be honest, it didn't surprise me. Now with 1,997 votes, Barrera has more than 40% of the vote. Remember that most of the people who voted must have watched the HBO telecast where the HBO staff indoctrinated the viewers that the fight was a Morales win. God knows what would have happened had the HBO staff had one or two members who saw the fight like I did.

16. Mark G

Mark G Member

To be honest, it didn't surprise me. Now with 1,997 votes, Barrera has more than 40% of the vote. Remember that most of the people who voted must have watched the HBO telecast where the HBO staff indoctrinated the viewers that the fight was a Morales win. God knows what would have happened had the HBO staff had one or two members who saw the fight like I did.
    <hr></blockquote>

Well it seems that a significant portion of the people here saw it as a victory for Barrera or a draw. I guess it was a pretty close fight, although I thought Morales deserved the victory.