BARRERA Vs MORALES - Discuss the fight and the decision HERE !!

Discussion in 'Boxing News and Discussion' started by Remus, Jun 22, 2002.

1. TysonFan

TysonFan Sensei

After 11 I have it Morales 105 -104

same as last fight.

2. Valdosta

Valdosta Boxing Fanatics Moderator

Round 12 to Barrera as he finally went all out and landed some good right hands and a couple of left hooks. I think Morales will get the dec. I probably had it for Morales as well 7-5 more than likely the judges will have it wider.

3. TysonFan

TysonFan Sensei

114-114 draw. my score

Last 2 rounds Barrera.

4. Laztrooper

Laztrooper Administrator

It was a close and tactical fight but, I had Morales Winning. I had Told people that Morales still had alot left and I feel this decison is unjust. Morales controled the fight and Barrera only came on late but, in whne he came on Morales was still hitting him.

5. Valdosta

Valdosta Boxing Fanatics Moderator

WTF?? [​IMG] What were those judges watching?? I hate to sound like a whiner but MAB won no more than 6 rounds. I guess the Arum theory is wrong. Ido think a draw wouldn't have been a horrible dec but 8-4 for MAB?? the other 2 were 7-5.

6. Xplosive

Xplosive Member

I TOLD YOU VAL!!! If it was a close fight, MAB was gonna get the nod. Arum made sure this time the fight was rigged for MAB to avoid strutiny.

7. Nostradamus

Nostradamus Member

This sport is too fucking corrupt. FUCK BOXING...time for me to find another "favorite" sport.

8. Turbana

Turbana Member

I'd give Morales the nod by a couple points...I disagree with Lampley when he says "If not for the unreal nature of the first fight, this would be looked at as a great fight too"...It started slow but there was some nice action down the stretch

9. Laztrooper

Laztrooper Administrator

I have a house full of people here dumb-founded. Most are not big fans but, they all thought morales won. I like both guys but, Morales was the clear winner IMO.

10. Laztrooper

Laztrooper Administrator

I told everyone in my house that if it was a decison that it would go to MAB no matter what and well, turns out I was right.

11. TysonFan

TysonFan Sensei

So know they are even. Rubber Match. What did you guys think. In my opinion it could have gone either way. Rubber Match it will happen.

12. Laztrooper

Laztrooper Administrator

I really doubt that Barrera will give him a rematch. Barrera's dislike for him is well known so I have a feeling he might not give him the rematch.

13. FITZ

FITZ Member

I had it 6-5-1, 115-114 for Barrera. If Morales had gotten the decision I wouldn't have said a word, as I have it altogether too close to say either man won the fight definitively.

Those scorecards were out of line. I do believe that Barrera did enough to win, but the scorecards do not accurately reflect the fight IMO.

It's a similar situation to Mayweather/Castillo.....I believed Castillo won....I had him winning by one or two points.....but I had it close enough, and I believed the fight was close enough that I would not complain if EITHER man was given the nod. Floyd got the nod, and while I complained at first, after rewatching the fight, I had no problem with the decision......but the scorecards were way out of line.

14. TysonFan

TysonFan Sensei

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by laztrooper:
    I told everyone in my house that if it was a decison that it would go to MAB no matter what and well, turns out I was right.<hr></blockquote>I agree Laz. For the first time I agree with HBO.
    5 out of the last 6 rounds. Boy I was rooting for
    Morales. Shit!

15. TysonFan

TysonFan Sensei

Go Back to the 2nd Post. Arum is a scumbag. What do you guys think. I think Arum is crooked.

16. Nostradamus

Nostradamus Member

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by laztrooper:
    I have a house full of people here dumb-founded. Most are not big fans but, they all thought morales won. I like both guys but, Morales was the clear winner IMO.<hr></blockquote>

Same here...everyone here also saw what the 3 blind mice at ringside couldn't.

17. Laztrooper

Laztrooper Administrator

Don't be surprised if this actually was an Arum decision and his plan to make more money by setting up another rematch thus, making him more money.

18. CHUCHU

CHUCHU Marquez is God!!!

Fuckin Arum, all just for a rubber match. Think about it. If Morales wins even a close match, there is no rematch. Barrera had to win. I think Morales is the better boxer, but he cant brawl with Barrera.

I really hope there is a K.O. next time. Fuck that pinche Chilango...

Puro Norteno,

chuchu

19. TysonFan

TysonFan Sensei

I feel sorry for Morales. Even though I scored the fight even I still think Morales won. That is the Fanatic side in me I guess. That's all in part of being a Boxing Fanatic. One side says
    draw the other Morales. Still my fanatic side over
    rules Morales got screwed!.

20. Ringside

Ringside Retiree

I had Morales slightly ahead but I am happy Barrera got the decision to make up for the first fight! Not logical? Well boxing is corrupt and now scorers don't score the fight in front of them any more but the "big picture" instead including last fights during rematches..as in Holy fights, etc. Ringo