Andre Ward retires

Discussion in 'Boxing News and Discussion' started by Rabid Kimba, Sep 21, 2017.

1. Rabid Kimba

Rabid Kimba Member

2. mex fighter

mex fighter Meqcksykin

JAJJA este pinche terrorista tejano

3. Rabid Kimba

Rabid Kimba Member

Tejano?

Mejor mátame, buey...

:lol:

4. Eric0816

Eric0816 Lolo Jones fan

Nah, I'm fair but I'm firm. I will miss Ward as much as Sven Ottke, Henry Maske or Istvan Kovac. I don't want to waste time with guys that aren't entertaining. I rather play FIFA or Madden.

5. Goyo

Goyo Member

Dozens of boxing fans will be upset to hear this news.

6. TIP

TIP Member

Kovalov was probably talking like a little girl. The ref was pathetic Ward hit low numerous times, no points no recovery time. Kovalov was stupid for not rapping Ward's nuts back. Ward must have studied Eusebio Pedroza films. Wards's not a puncher but not necessary when testicles are involved. TIP

7. Hawaiianpunch

Hawaiianpunch Banned

I agree the ref did a horrible job it all favored Andre's dirty tactics but there was also that punch that rocked Kova and it wasn't to the body. I think that's what mentally broke Kovalev down. Imo Kova quit. Getting punched in the nuts hurts but I've seen boxers get up Kova didn't even try.

8. blackrican23

blackrican23 Resident B-Boy

especially chad dawsons 5 fans

9. TIP

TIP Member

The ref didn't do his job allowing several nut shots throughout the fight, so we'll never know how it might have turned out. Once you're hit low a couple times it affects you and he was hit low in that round prior to the head shot. Like I said Kov should have cracked Ward in the balls for every time Ward hit him low, different story then on the way things went. The ref was incompetent to the hilt. TIP

10. Rebel

Rebel Admin

I have a feeling this will be a temporary retirement.

11. TyrantT316

TyrantT316 Member

I could also see him come out of retirement if a "mega fight" presented itself in a couple/few years. He strikes me as the type who stays in shape and would put everything he had into coming out for that one major fight.

Otherwise, I am glad to see a fighter retire young, confident in what he's achieved despite those who criticize him and with a good head on his shoulder. Just as boxing loves and needs the exciting fighters where losses don't matter, the sport needs fighters like Ward as well.

12. mex fighter

mex fighter Meqcksykin

he's a great fighter but that's the wrong style for that weight class.