A Lot Of Boxing Being Televised Lately

Discussion in 'Boxing News and Discussion' started by Michael Matos, Jul 20, 2018.

1. Michael Matos

Michael Matos Member

Tonight features another couple of cards. One on ESPN which just finished up. Lamont Roach Jr. just stopped a Colombian fighter in the main event but it was an entertaining 4 fight card. Later on tonight ShoBox The Next Generation kicks in with a five fight card. True enough it's all prospects but most ShoBox cards are entertaining and a Telemundo card later on tonight.

Tomorrow there is the Gassiev-Usyk Cruiserweight clash which is available free online I think it starts at 2 pm and an HBO card tomorrow night with Jamie Munguia taking on Liam Smith in a junior middleweight title fight.

2. mex fighter

mex fighter Meqcksykin

i'm not a fan of shobox. it bores me.

munguia though...been following him for about a year and half now. they've shown his fights on BEiN Sports...my type of fighter.

3. Valdosta

Valdosta Boxing Fanatics Moderator

Straight forward brawler with bad defense? Looks like he cuts a shit load of weight also. He’s fun to watch but as he ages things will go bad for him. Not against Smith though, Munguia should smash up Smith.

4. Hawaiianpunch

Hawaiianpunch Banned

Boxing is dead nobody's buying ppv. America is going into a new recession who can afford $80 crappy ppv?

5. mex fighter

mex fighter Meqcksykin

Ahhhhhh the ol' PPV argument.

Why wouldn't you be happy you don't have to pay to watch? That's a great thing.

6. Michael Matos

Michael Matos Member

I like ShoBox, it shows a lot of prospects and I've seen quite a few fail dramatically and a lot of the fights are 8 rounds so if they are really bad you don't have to sit through them for long. Also Tompkins and Marquez are entertaining behind the mic.

7. Valdosta

Usyk is just a badass. He boxed beautifully while throwing a ton of punches. Gassiev didn’t land much but he did land a great right hand on Usyk but he took it pretty well. Usyk is what more fighters need to be. He will fight anyone, at anytime and the location don’t matter. Great fighter who has a hell of a resume for only having 15 fights.

8. mex fighter

mex fighter Meqcksykin

The HBO crew is annoying me. They keep talking about stopping the Machado fight. Mensah is fighting back...since when did they go so fucking soft?

9. Michael Matos

Michael Matos Member

That was a classy performance. I was really impressed.

10. Michael Matos

Michael Matos Member

There was a spell where Mensah was not responding well but he got back in his rhythm and even though he was getting outboxed it was no different from the hundreds of other fighters who get outboxed on the regular.

11. Michael Matos

Michael Matos Member

From what I saw last night you might not have to wait until he ages. He has that Jaime Garza look about him.

12. Valdosta

His defense is putrid, they are going to have to be careful with him and try to improve in the meantime.

13. mex fighter

mex fighter Meqcksykin

his defense? you mean his efense? he has no D.

he also needs to stop with all the hopping around. some of that is good but he overdoes it. he can get countered while he's doing his hopping around and won't be ready to defend.

14. TIP

TIP Member

Munguia's stamina was great and that's what got him past Smith, Who I thought was waiting for him to tire. Smith should have went to the body more. Munguia also looked more like a light heavy. Fun fight to watch. I only caught about half of the Mensah fight, I thought the announcers were overly dramatic about stopping the fight, there's been many fights where the beatings were far worse. One more thing, I thought Smith clearly won the first 3 rds, I don't understand how Lederman had it different. TIP

15. mex fighter

mex fighter Meqcksykin

agREED on the overly dramatic part.

they annoyed me. imagine had they been calling the jorge castro/john david jackson fight?

16. Michael Matos

Michael Matos Member

Speaking of Lederman he didn't sound like his usual self. I know he had prostate cancer scare a few years back and I hope he is in good health but he sounded off.